Pages

When In Rome

August 10, 2012

Thanks to the That's Melbourne Twitter, I received complimentary tickets for the Ancient Rome Exhibition in the Docklands. The exhibition had all sorts of Ancient Roman inventions from weapons to mathematical devices (you can tell I know a lot about history *derp*). 

I did quite enjoy the exhibition, however I don't think it is worth what the tickets cost ($22 for adult, $17 concession). Most of what was on display was recreations and there was very limited actual ancient artefacts. There was also a documentary on offer but I was with my dad and he didn't really want to stick around and watch it because he went to Rome last year and literally bought the book haha.



On Friday nights at 6:30pm there is a free (well included with the ticket price) guided tour with the exhibition's curator and I think if you took advantage of this offer, the ticket price would be more reasonable. I was planning to go along to that, however I thought my ticket was about to expire, but I was told when I arrived that the exhibition had been extended until the 7th of October. 




I'm not going to complain because I didn't have to pay for the ticket and I got to go shopping at Harbour Town afterwards, but I think they need to lower the ticket price.

The Ancient Rome Exhibition
Waterfront City Pavilion
Docklands Drive, Docklands
9:30am - 5:00pm everyday, open until 8pm on Fridays (free public tours at 6:30pm)
Exhibiting until October 7th
See website for prices


bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

);